Monday, February 23, 2015

Shopping Review: ASOS Swimwear

ASOS Swimwear Review



I am so excited to do a review on ASOS swimwear! I know it's still winter, but it's almost spring! I couldn't help it, but to purchase a few swimwear from ASOS.com. One thing I will mention, they definitely have good sales in many different categories. Because I didn't need any clothes at the moment, I only ordered swimwear. I purchased 9 items for around $55 USD compared to Victoria's Secret, which would of cost me more than that for just a two-piece bikini. Anyways, so my items came in and it was in the store's shopping bag. All bikinis (tops and bottoms) were individually wrapped with their tags on.

A friend of mines referred me to this UK clothing website (ASOS.com). The only thing that made my shopping experience a bit difficult was finding out the correct size. I was extremely confused with how to order the right size because I know UK sizes would be more for petite people. It's important to refer to the sizing chart while you shop online. I had to go up a couple of sizes to fit a medium (US). Some tops may go by sizes XS-L, Cups A-whatever, etc. I absolutely had no issue with what I received. (ASOS do accept exchanges/returns if the items don't work out for you). Also, if you are ordering from them, they have models doing runways for the clothes they are selling. I found it so helpful to see how items would look on a model than a mannequin.

About the Shipment: Free US shipping on orders over $40
I don't know if this US shipping offer is temporary or permanent, but all I know is that I purchased my items with a free shipping (YAY!) I placed an order on Feb. 9, 2015. Items were shipped on Feb. 10, 2015. Due to President's Day and Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras), my items came on Feb. 18, 2015.   I was surprised how fast my order was processed and shipped.



TOPS
My US size in dresses is a 4, but the polka dot top was a size 6. I just went a size up for it to be on the safe side and it fitted perfectly. Remember, if you are planning to buy their swim tops, the cups and band sizes are true to its size. It may vary depending on brands, but mines were fine.
Left: New Look Plaited Strap Underwire Bikini Top - Strawberry ($8.41)  Removable straps. The cups feel slightly bigger, but it is still a cute top. Rating: 4/5
Right: New Look Textured Polka Dot Bandeau Bikini Top - White & Pink / US 6 ($6.54)  UK Size 10. Removable straps and padding. Love how the front fabric has a bow. I know it's hard to see in the picture, but if you look carefully about half of each cup sides, you will see the layers. When I purchased this, I didn't notice the front until I received it. Rating: 5/5






Left: ASOS Mix and Match Longline Bandeau Bikini Top - Rododendro purple ($7.47) This is my favorite top! It's lightly padded which gives a natural lift. It feels like a light foam which is really comfortable. Removable straps. Rating: 5/5
Right: Lipsy Ruffle Bikini Top - Pink / US 6 ($9.34) My second favorite top! This also gives a natural lift and the ruffles are actually cute in person than it is in the picture. Rating: 5/5



BOTTOMS





Left: New Look Textured Polka Dot Bikini Bottom - White & Pink / US 8 ($3.74) UK size 12. Soft, stretchy fabric. My favorite about this is the polka dots and it ties on the sides. Also, it matches one of my bikini top. Rating: 5/5
Right: TYR Huntington Beach Tie Side Bikini Bottom - Pink / M ($6.54) Love that it's a soft, stretchy fabric. This color is more like a neon pink. Rating: 4.5/5



Left: ASOS Loop Side Bikini Pant - Purple / US 8 ($3.74) UK Size 12. I'm not a fan of the sides, but other than that, it's a cute color, nice fabric! Rating: 4.5/5.
Right: ASOS Mix & Match Micro Brazilian Tie Side Bikini Pant - Rododendro purple / US 8 ($5.61) UK Size 12. I got this one to match one of my top. Both of these purple bottoms are similar in color (of course). Rating: 5/5


New Look Flounce Cutwork Bikini Bottom - Flamingo Pink / US 8 ($3.74)
UK size 12. Definitely is a lovely color. I know you can't see clearly in the picture, but this bottom is more like a flamingo color. It has a cute design on the front & the fabric feels so nice and smooth. Goes great with any light colored top or a black one. Rating 5/5.





Overall, I was happy with the purchases I've made. The quality feels nice. For those who wear swimwear from Victoria's Secret, it may not feel VS, but it's definitely comfortable and affordable.


I am not paid to do this review. This is just a personal experience I'd like to share with you guys. If you have any questions or any experiences, feel free to comment below.


Thank you for stopping by :)

9 comments:

  1. Pretty swimwear. So love the colors.
    Swimsuits Direct chck out our new designs too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how's the fitting? are they true to size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones I've order, are true to my size. The bottoms aren't low rises but they are still comfortable. The tops were ordered by my bra size and they fit perfectly :)

      Delete
  3. Have you used them yet? Did you find the bottoms see through? I've bought inexpensive bathing suits in the past and they were see through when wet. I want to order a few, but am nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your great post with beautiful images:) Very good article, thanks to share interesting post.!!
    plus size swimwear uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow !!
    Amazing bikini design.
    I think most of the women love to your shared image.
    plus size bikini

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really success this fabulous interlock which you impale furnished for all of us. My partner and i assurance this will end up being flirtatious pertaining to a lot of the personss. Indeed propitious look for me, Love limited that you're molecule on the main web owners My partner and i long-term saw. Blesss pertaining to putting up this informative issue.. bathing suit bottoms uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best nighttime driving glasses at Meetoot

    Driving at night without optimal, clear vision poses many safety hazards.That is exactly why all drivers can benefit from a pair of anti-glare nighttime driving glasses. Specifically designed to eliminate glare and enhance your vision, nighttime driving glasses help you focus on the task at hand - without annoying distractions. It gets even better:you can combine your Rx prescription with anti-glare coated nighttime driving glasses.

    ReplyDelete