Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Makeup Haul Dec 2013: Em Cosmetics

Makeup Haul
Em Cosmetics by Michelle Phan



I ordered the items from emcosmetics.com on Cyber Monday. There was a deal on them (Buy 1, Get 1 Free). Due to the high number of customers purchasing, I received my order 2 weeks later. I have to say, customer service wasn't so great. I sent them 5 emails, but only had 2 replies. I got to call them once, waited on the line for 10 minutes. The female on the phone was very nice and helpful.

 But let's get to the point. Michelle Phan is a beauty guru and she is an inspiration. I'm just going to give a quick product review on the items I've purchased.

  • chiaroscuro: fair tone
  • chiaroscuro: fair tone
  • cushiony lip balm: bubblegum
  • cushiony lip balm: vanilla
  • the life palette trial size: day life
  • the life palette trial size: career life

I love the packaging of the items. But I have to say, the prices for the items are a bit pricey.









 

Lip Balms. They are my favorites! I love the smell and the texture of the balms when applied to the lips. The colors aren't "too much" of a color when I applied them to my lips because my lip color isn't a light color. It is a smooth texture. It doesn't leave any residues which is seen after the balm dries off on your lips.













Chiaroscuro. Personally, I am not a super expert at using makeup. I am still learning how to apply the chiaroscuro stick. I have used it on my nose and it does do a great job defining it. I was nervous ordering these because I wasn't sure about the shade. Some shades may be lighter or darker when applied, but this product went on my skin well and it is easy to blend.









Palettes. I was slightly disappointed because it was a sample of the colors not colors in a palette. I like the colors for both career life and day life. If you use this product, just remember to use the eye primer so then the color can stay on longer. I didn't have a problem with using them. I hope in the future, she sells the empty palette cases soon so we just purchase our own favorite colors and put them in for ourselves.









Would I recommend these products?
Em Cosmetics are a bit pricey. It doesn't hurt to try the products if you have the money, but I wouldn't purchase them again unless the prices go lower or if there is a special sale going on. The best part of these products is that it is good because it doesn't give me breakouts or any kind of irritation.

No comments:

Post a Comment